Trip to Washington DC

Trip to Washington DC
Met with a number of elected officials and staff. Had the opportunity to spend quality time with Ohio's Rob Portman.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kevin Johnson for Portsmouth City Council, Ward 1

Deciding to run for Portsmouth City Council in the First Ward was, as you may know, not an easy decision. From personal concerns to the state of our city government, there were many issues for me to sort through as I pondered this opportunity to serve. In making this decision, however, I decided there could be no second guessing. I am now committed to being the best member of Council one can possibly be should I be so honored as to be elected in November.

And why should you help me to be elected to Council?

Quite honestly, I believe I will be a very good representative in Council.

I believe in, and wish to bring to Council, good communications, real planning, transparency in the decision-making process and participation by Portsmouth citizens in the process by which we govern ourselves and by which we affect all of Scioto County.

In future blogs I shall share ideas and more information concerning my upcoming campaign.

Sincerely,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment